Winter is already here right outside your house. Winter weather comes and brings specific situations and problems. The fact is we cannot avoid no rigorous winter weather no emergencies associate with it, but we can prepare. Well managing an emergency that happens in summer and winter time often craves some inverse actions, say you will have to heat something rather than cool it. And for this reason you should have your essentials winterized.
Slippery roads in cold season give rise to most fatal traffic accidents. So car emergency kit equipments gains its value with every degree temperature drops. You should have such items for winter survival in your car:
- flashlight (with some more CHARGED batteries)
- some worm clothing (cap, muffles, socks, jackets) and common/emergency blankets not to supercool
- highway emergency and car first aid kits
- non-perishable fuel food (nuts, jerky, chocolate, granola, etc.)
- full gas tank and fully charged cell phone
- reflecting triangle and caution tape for high visibility
- water and waterproof matches can be life-saving either.
To prepare your house check these bunches availability:
- extra food and water for family members and pets
- flashlights, batteries or dynamo
- first aid and emergency essentials
- special medicine or baby care items
- additional heating source
Winterize your car and house and feel safe wherever you are this winter.