View Live Story
Biohazard Safeguard Measures
When a person contacts with microorganisms or endoparasites, which can spawn infections, he can supposedly be exposed to biohazards. And if he is not advised in biological agents's danger or does not practise proper hygiene and apply health protection principles, some infectious or adventive diseases associated with his occupation can develop.
Most risky occupations
The most hazardous occupations according to international statistics are:
* working in agriculture or with vegetal materials
- dealing with animals or zoogenic products
- food production involvement
- health care and veterinary
- sewage purification and waste disposal
When the question is biological hazard potential exposure we must take note that it is "at risk" work there cannot be too many precautions.
Biohazard safeguard measures
What preventive measures a man has to undertake if biohazard cannot be fully excluded, and how to protect his health from infections, toxic and allergic effects depends on a probable contamination way. Bacteria, viruses or fungi can be swallowed or inhaled, penetrate through damaged skin or be carried with insects. These are some biological hazards prevention tips:
- Find any information of the biohazards in your workplace.
- Ascertain the main sources of dangerous biological agents in your workplaces.
- Define probable channels of infection
- Avoid biohazard exposure if possible
- Combat risks at source
- Practise proper hygiene
- Protect scratches and wounds
- Use protective clothing and biohazard cleanup supplies
- Clean your workplace and equipment regularly