We do not often suppose that emergency may happen, and therefore we are not ready when it really comes. But other people's experience espies bottlenecks of surviving in such extremal situations as emergencies or disasters. It is worth to know expert view at what items should be included to emergency first aid kits.
1. First of all one should be prepared for all utilities and systems failure: suit oneself with drinking water, full batteries, accumulators or generator, radio transmitter, gas cylinders. Check regularly if all this equipment is in working order.
2. Store your emergency first aid kit in a readily available and safe place. It's convenient to use plastic container with wheels to store your emergency essentials.
3. Keep some ready to eat food: canned goods, freeze dried foods, food packages sufficient for all family members, baby food and family pet food. Think what cooking supplies you will need to cook and eat the food you have taken in. You will need a can opener for cans, saucepan to boil water for dehydrated foods, plates and utensils to eat ready food.
4. Prepare a medicine box and all medications that you usually take.
5. Arrange warm clothes for every family member, raincoats, solid gloves, blankets, sleeping bags. Put all these soft goods in plastic bags to be sure they will stay dry.
6. You will also need soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, feminine supplies, baby diaper, tooth brushes and other personal hygiene items.
7. Keep some tools to repair your house: hatchet, hammer, utility knife, staple gun and plastic sheeting for covering broken windows
8. You may also store your emergency first aid kits in bags or backpacks in the event of urgent leaving from your house.
9. Prepare some money, document copies, family members photos, first aid instruction and emergency phone numbers.
10. Have flash lights, pocket knifes, whistles and extra glasses and key set